The web renewal project with Canadore College involved a complete re-think of their existing website. We worked with the marketing team at Canadore and introduced a fully re-developed web experience that reflected the new and exciting changes that the College was introducing. Moving through our inception process we gathered input from all stakeholders and used this knowledge to bring a solution to the School that was well received. As well as building a new web experience (which we validated with users) we also installed our HigherEd Drupal 7-based CMS to improve the overall navigation, usability and the College’s buy-in to the new web presence. In this instance we also provided on-going dedicated hosting and support for the site post-launch.
Activities included the following:
- Initial Project Discovery Consultation– stakeholder meetings with evcconsulting’s team and the school to understand the vision, mission, and measurable goals for the project.
- Best Practices Report & Needs Analysis – a review of the best sites out there with insight and recommendations on how their site might best be structured to lead the way in student experience.
- Information Architecture & User Interface Consulting – our IA/UI team completed an extensive IA and UI consulting assignment that delivered:
- A usability testing plan including preliminary UI recommendations for validation research and examples.
- Detailed wireframes for major departments and faculties, with template recommendations for second, third and fourth levels
- A new look and feel that was a collaborative effort and involved all stakeholders.
- Usability Validation Research - research analysts completed this secondary research exercise which utilized a preliminary site with home and second level page designs.
- evcconsulting’s Drupal 7 HigherEd CMS Configuration – install
- Content Migration – migrated all existing content into new site
- Training hosting and support– completed user training and provide ongoing dedicated hosting, technical and content support.